Annual May Faire CelebrationFriday, May 5, SWSF campus
After much thought, the Lower School will be making some changes to the May Faire schedule this year! After years of students withering in the sun through a long series of May Pole dances during the sleepy end of the school day, the decision has been made to hold the majority of the May Pole Dancing in the fresh and lively morning time! Of course families are warmly welcomed to come watch the children dance. We are still firming up the exact times but the day will go something like this:
- After the morning bell, Lower School students will go briefly into their classrooms then come out front to decorate head wreaths. (This may be different for first and twelfth graders).
- Parents are welcomed to stay on campus, enjoy a complimentary cup of coffee or tea, and make their own head wreath!
- Soon after, we will all make our way to the field to watch the second through eighth graders dance the May Pole.
- When the dancing is done, students will go back to class for most of the day, and the Faire set up will begin.
- In the afternoon, parents will be welcomed back early, before dismissal, to watch the first and twelfth graders dance, enjoy some music and community dancing.
- After the dismissal bell rings, the Faire games, delicious meal and strawberry shortcake will commence as usual.
During the May Pole dancing, please remember to hold the space around the students as we would in any other performance, with quiet attention and reverence!
FLOWERS NEEDED from every family – please bring small blossoms for garlands and large ones for decorating to school that morning. Can be store bought or picked from your garden! Bring to classroom, Main Office, or upper & lower drop off spots.
WEAR WHITE or light pastel clothing, especially students. There will be a water activity (dump bucket), so bring extra clothes for your child if you wish.
BRING plates, cups and utensils for eating (don’t forget a bowl for Strawberry Shortcake!), cash for food & entrance and blankets for seating.
VOLUNTEERS WILL BE NEEDED! Stay tuned on how you can sign-up to help.
PLEASE BRING CASH FOR FAIRE ACTIVITIES AND FOOD
Children are under parent supervision during the Faire!
Last minute set up of food & games
- 3:00 Carnival games & activities begin, food, drinks, dessert for sale.
- 5:00 Activities end - Clean-up til 6 or 7pm
Activities (subject to change):
1st – Fairy Wands
2nd – Sleeping Giant
3rd - Popcorn Hop
4th - Sack Races
5th- Catch the Rat
6th – Rope Making
7th – Tug o war
9th – Dump Bucket
10th – Face-painting
11th – Strawberry shortcake for sale
12th – Taco Salad & drinks for sale
Costs for children’s unlimited activities will be $10 for one child, $15 for two siblings, and $20 for three siblings.
Food & drink for sale (subject to change):
Vegetarian, organic taco salad and unlimited cup of lemonade.