Annual May Faire Celebration
Friday, May 6th, 1:30-5pm, SWSF campus
CRAFT DISPLAY! Since we had to cancel Festival of the Arts we are planning on displaying 1st-12th grade artwork in front of Sophia Hall during May Faire. Please come by before the May Pole dancing or during the Faire to see this amazing collection of our student’s hand work and art! If there is rain, the display will be canceled to protect the students work.
FLOWERS NEEDED from every family – please bring small blossoms for garlands and large ones for decorating to school that morning. Can be store bought or picked from your garden! Bring to classroom, Main Office, or upper & lower drop off spots.
WEAR WHITE or light pastel clothing, especially students. There will be a water activity (dump bucket), so bring extra clothes for your child if you wish.
BRING plates, cups and utensils for eating (don’t forget a bowl for Strawberry Shortcake!), cash for food & entrance and blankets for seating.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! PLEASE SIGN-UP to help with your Class activity and/or on the Main Office door for general Faire help, or online at Volunteerspot- http://vols.pt/oZErEJ
PLEASE BRING CASH FOR FAIRE ACTIVITIES AND FOOD
- 8:30-1:20 Set up of Faire and activities- to be done by 1:30 before the time May Pole dancing starts.
- 12:30-1:20 Students eat & then make flower-garlands with their class. Classes will come to hay bales to be seated, by 1:35pm.
- 1:30 Parents gather at the May Pole. 12th graders and 1st get ready for procession at 1st classroom.
- 1:40 Procession of Queen & Jack, followed by 1st and 12th graders to the Maypole.
- 1:45 Dancing begins – grades 1 & 12 start, followed by other lower school grades in order. No photography during May Pole dancing please, there will be a photographer present. Community dance to follow!
- 2:45 Dancing ends – TRANSITION PERIOD
Students go back to classrooms for school dismissal as usual, please pick up your child after the bell and walk back through the entrance to pay for children's activities. (see below)
Children are under parent supervision during the Faire!
Last minute set up of food & games
- 3:00 Carnival games & activities begin, food, drinks, dessert for sale.
- 5:00 Activities end - Clean-up til 6 or 7pm
1st – Fairy Wands
2nd – Sleeping Giant
3rd - Popcorn Hop
4th - Sack Races
5th- Catch the Rat
6th – Rope Making
7th – Tug o war
9th – Dump Bucket
10th – Face-painting
11th – Strawberry shortcake for sale
12th – Taco Salad & drinks for sale
Costs for children’s unlimited activities will be $10 for one child, $15 for two siblings, and $20 for three siblings.
Food & drink for sale:
Vegetarian, organic taco salad and unlimited cup of lemonade- $9